Swift County Environmental Services
The Swift County Environmental Services office provides three essential services for Swift County residents: Solid Waste; Planning and Zoning; and Water Planning activities.
The Environmental Office provides solid waste services which include:
- household and hazardous waste
- enforcement of the zoning ordinance and issuance of zoning permits
- feedlot ordinance compliance
- septic system inspections and permit issuance
- dealing with the administrative end of conditional use
- variance and rezoning and amending applications and procedures
- wind and solar ordinance compliance
Water Planning includes:
- funding through both State and County monies.
- dealing with various water and environment related issues and projects.
- administering the actual Water Plan and are responsible for budget preparation and disbursements.
Swift County Environmental Services has 6 full‑time employees. We also utilize the services of participants of the Swift County Developmental Achievement Center.